LENZ Therapeutics Provides Phase 3 Timing Guidance
LENZ Therapeutics provided Phase 3 timing and formulation guidance at the Academy and Eyecelerator meetings in November.
LENZ shared they expect to start their pivotal Phase 3 trial in 2Q 2022. This trial will include 2 eye drop formulations for presbyopia.
- Optimal concentration for a pinhole effect
- Minimal concern of induced myopia
1.75% Aceclidine + Brimonidine
- Potential for increased duration
- Added benefit of eye whitening
Both formulations use LENZ’s proprietary, preservative free vehicle matrix to maximize comfort, efficacy and bioavailability.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both LNZ100 and LNZ101 are aceclidine-based eye drops that use LENZ‘s proprietary & preservative-free vehicle matrix to increase comfort, efficacy, and bioavailability. LNZ100 contains 1.75% Aceclidine while LNZ101 contains 1.75% Aceclidine with Brimonidine, added for increased duration.
Using LNZ100 & LNZ101 aceclidine-based eye drops can uniquely improve near vision
- Research shoes aceclidine targets iris sphincter and avoids the ciliary muscle
- Least risk of induced myopia and uniquely avoids a myopic shift
- Potential for longest duration on the market
- Safe history proven in Europe for glaucoma
As per LENZ Therapeutics, they expect to start LNZ100 and LNZ101 Phase 3 trials in 2022. The phase 3 trial will include 2 eye drop formulations for presbyopia.
LENZ Therapeutics is a late-stage clinical organization developing the best ophthalmic pharmaceutical products that can help people improve their eye vision caused due to presbyopia